I was following the opening of this first online museum is, which happened about a month ago. I am completely fascinated with this idea of a creation of an online museum, considering that that’s exactly how a digital art should be displayed. It is also accessible by anyone, anywhere, anytime, which removes the trouble of getting to the museum, spending time, or not being able to make it in museum hours.
Also the website itself is quite interesting with a lot of digital, interactive, audio and 3D overlay. The Abobe online museum has one exhibit, which is called the Uncanny Valley that reflects the networks on the Internet. I wasn’t that impressed with the art on display, but I think I need more time to completely absorb and analyze its meaning and the creation methods behind its creation.
The coolest thing about this website is the close button that follows the mouse, so you don’t even have to look for it. Also don't forget to check out the building tour of this virtual museum!
No comments:
Post a Comment